2010年11月17日星期三

American girl in London


Caitlin Carlson is an American girl now studying journalism in the University of Westminster in London. Looking at her smiling face and you would be affected by her passion.

Live in London

Why would an American girl choose to study in London? Caitlin got to visit London when her boyfriend studied here two years ago and she fell in love with the city instantly.

“I found London is lovely. Its culture, history, beauty and depth definitely attract me.” She described her feelings towards London. “And the city’s atmosphere is very similar to American cities. That makes me feel like being home.”

“London is a city of surprises, you can always find new things and the experiences are refreshing.” Caitlin said, “And most important of all, I don’t have language barrier living here.”

Sportif girl’s future plan

Caitlin loves sports. “I love running! I run every morning and I have got loads of running songs in my iPod.” Caitlin said, “My favorite part about running is the fact that it always lifts my mood.”

Caitlin has finished two half marathon successfully this year. One is in French Disneyland together with her mom in January and the second one here in London in March.

Talking about her future plan, Caitlin said she wish to do something where her real interests lies in. At first she thought the fashion industry would be something suitable and the idea turned out to be wrong after a three months internship at famous magazine the Teen Vogue.

“I just realized that the fashion magazines are not the thing for me and now I wish to write for health and fitness magazines.” She said. “There is a magazine called Women’s Running and I plan to apply for a position there after graduation. I think this is a better plan.”

Home is the BEST

Although Caitlin enjoys her life in London very much, she cannot stop thinking about her home back in Florida, USA. Being brought up in a Catholic family, Caitlin said her family is relatively conventional and family bonds are very strong. She misses her families a lot.

“Every Christmas, we get together. Although my brother and I are already grown-ups, our parents still play the Santa on Christmas mornings and we could find our presents in red socks.”

When asked about the upcoming Christmas holiday plan, she laughed. “I have booked fight ticket to get back to the States next month and I cannot wait for that day coming.”

“Home is the best place.” She added.

没有评论:

发表评论