2010年12月2日星期四

5-star-must-visit MUSEUM


Friday's coming. What's your new plan for this weekend? Anything special? Well, I have to say post-snow London is not lovely at all. After standing in my yard doing a piece to camera on London house prices, I was frozen and cannot even pronounce the word "place" correctly.

Maybe next time, a tour to an indoor museum makes a way better choice in such a freezing winter.

And I recommend Victoria & Albert.

Not only I am particulately interested in their lives after watching the film the Young Victoria, but also the real contents inside it. I have to admit that as a museum fan for such a longtime, the visit to V&A counts one of the top experiences.


First of all, it is cosy. Compared to those museums like The British Museum and The Forbidden City Museum both in Beijing and Taipei, V&A is apparently much smaller - yet tighter!

Wandering inside big/giant/enormous...museums always makes feel me desperate after a while - It is so big!!! It takes forever to finish the visit!!! I am exhausted!!! 

Well, V&A would not. With the same contents and information, its tight structured exhibition halls offers a more pleasant and cosy environment to wander in.


Secondly, it is marvelous. Queen Victoria's jwelleries are being displayed recently and I swear it worth a visit.

Sparkling diamonds provocate every visitor's "senses". Tiaras are sooooooo... pretty!!!

And never forget the fact that Queen Victoria has been called "the grandmother of Europe". Displayed items are from everywhere throughout Europe to Asia and even America. Indian gowns, Chinese towers, Japanese Noh masks, Czechic crystal art, French jwelleries, Italian glass work and those numerous unidentified treasures.

Last yet not least, the museum's location is perfect. Surrounded by Hyde Park and Green Park, which means great opportunity to get access to the Buckingham Palace as well, V&A is definitely a great choice for family's weekend plan and tourists' tight scheduled timetable.

Why not pay a visit this weekend? And you'll never regret it.

1 条评论:

  1. That looks an awesome place. I'm gonna try to visit it. I'm pretty sure me and my friends are going to love it. Try visiting theArt Fair Philippines, you'll love it too. Anyway, Thanks for sharing!

    回复删除